The Best Self-care Detox for 2020
January is the most common month to renew healthy goals. Although the start of a new year is always a good time to pursue healthy choices, you can invest in your health at any time of year. Detoxing at the change of each season is a good way to release negativity and reduce stress. It also helps eliminate any nasty toxins your body holds onto because of anxiety or bad habits.
Detoxing isn’t just about releasing negativity and toxins, however. It’s a way to invest in yourself.
Avoid deprivation and elimination, because this self-care detox is about adding in healthy choices for your mind, body, and life. Find out how you can have more energy and feel more aligned any time of year with these simple self-care detox tips.
Adding a daily meditation into your morning routine is a great way to detox your mind. This simple practice helps you start each day with a completely blank slate, ready to write a new story for life’s journey. So put down your phone and reduce mental strain with this easy 5-minute meditation that will help you avoid overstimulation and anxiety.
- Find a comfortable spot to sit or lay and begin centering yourself with three deep breaths.
- Scan your whole body with intention. Start at your feet and begin working your way up your body, taking note of what and how you feel.
- Don’t ignore other thoughts, but simply thank your mind for sharing them and move on. Picture each thought as a cloud floating past you and re-focus on your original intent.
- Anchor yourself in your present moment as much as possible, but don’t be afraid of your unconscious thoughts floating to the surface.
- When you’ve finished assessing your present state, end with three deep breaths again and open your eyes to a new day.
Learning how to stay present in our daily functions helps clear our minds of toxins, strengthening our ability to stay anxiety-free. When anxious thoughts arrive, use your body and breath to focus on yourself. This simple act of self-care is the perfect way to detox your mind and stay focused.
Body detoxes often focus on the negative and are harmful to the processes of your physical self. You can easily detox every day using one simple item you probably already have in your pantry. Drinking tea is proven to have multiple benefits like lowering your risk for cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Discover which teas are the best for a gentle daily detox.
Green: Green tea has tons of antioxidants that help boost energy and cleanse your body. Some Japanese green teas are also high in Vitamin C, making this the go-to choice when you’re feeling run down.
Chamomile: One of the most popular teas for an upset stomach, Chamomile has so many other wonderful detoxing qualities. This gentle brew helps calm the mind and body, especially when you’re stressed.
Ginger: The cleansing properties of ginger are sure to leave you feeling refreshed and ready to start your day. This powerful tea benefits in digestion and helps cleanse your urinary tract. Add lemon to ginger tea for some extra Vitamin C.
Lemon Balm: This soothing herbal tea works wonders on the nervous system. It helps calm stress and anxiety, and even combats insomnia. Drink this tea to detox during indigestion, since the antispasmodic properties also help an upset stomach.
Your mind and body aren’t the only areas that could benefit from a detox. Detoxing your life from clutter, stressful situations, and toxic people are all essential to your happiness. Follow these easy tips to detox your whole life.
Declutter your home
It’s finally time to enforce some much needed organization in your home. Whether it’s ditching items that are no longer useful or adding in a new method of organization, the decluttering process will be extremely satisfying. For optimal organization, add these useful items for home to your list.
- Adjustable Tea Box Organizer: This wooden tea box includes removable compartments that are perfect for keeping your tea, and home, organized. Display knick-knacks, jewelry, and more under the glass enclosure in your office, bedroom, or pantry.
- Magnetic Knife Block Holder: Easily organize your knife drawer and prepare food with ease with this bamboo magnetic knife block. This knife block display keep blades sharp and helps you know exactly which one you need for your next meal prep.
Clear out the toxicity
To truly detox your life, unplug from the toxicity of others. This could be your unpleasant co-worker who coerces you into drinks every Friday or that one friend who only hits you up when they need something. Whatever the case, learn the difference between who’s toxic and who’s not by asking yourself these questions.
Am I excited to make plans with this person?
Do I enjoy being in the presence of this person?
Does this person really respect me and my time, do they listen to me?
Is this person putting in as much effort as me and can we continue to learn from one another?
If the answer is no to most of these questions, it’s time to move on. Detoxing your life from people who use you or simply don’t make you happy is valid and better for your health in the long-term.
We hope you enjoyed these self-care detox tips from Home Euphoria! Have a safe and healthy 2020!